Saturday 21 May 2011

trACker number359 Dealing with Spiritual Infection


trACker number359
The e-Devotional helping to keep you on-track
GodTracker is online at www.godtracker.co.uk 

21 May 2011 
  
Dear God Tracker

Dealing with Spiritual Infection

I have a very dear friend who, sadly, has been diagnosed with bone cancer. She is a very gentle soul and we have been praying for her ever since her diagnoses. We firmly believe in the power of God to heal the sick, nevertheless, she has been following normal medical procedures in dealing with her disease (God often heals through medicine, too). As is usual practice, she recently endured chemo therapy. It is a well known fact that this type of therapy is very unpleasant and dangerous. Like sweeping a house with a bulldozer, chemo therapy attacks both healthy and cancerous cells. Although she became ill during the treatment, she handled it fairly well until she developed a serious infection at the point where the needle entered her arm. This was cause for great concern, because the chemo therapy had completely undermined her immune system. We prayed more avidly at this stage.

As I prayed for her I got to thinking about spiritual infection. Although, as Christians, we’re forgiven and freed from sin by the blood of Christ, often times we become complacent by taking our eyes off of Jesus. When this happens we slowly start drifting from the Lord. We stop attending church, stop reading God’s word and slowly cease praying. Eventually cancerous complacency and lack of spiritual input opens us up to non-spiritual input with which we become preoccupied. Gradually these new alternatives in life begin to undermine our spiritual immunity just as chemo therapy undermines one’s physical immune system. This leaves us open to untold spiritual infection – like sin – which will eventually contaminate our whole spirit-being unless it is dealt with. Spiritual infection will leave you wide open to the attack of Satan upon your physical health, your relationships, your finances, your career and every aspect of your life.

God Tracker, let us be on our guard against the cancer of complacency. Let us remain true to loving and serving our Lord by reading his word and fellowshipping with him in prayer. And let us keep ourselves in a place of healing by continuing to attend church. If you find that there is already a spiritual infection in your life, identify its cause and bring it to Jesus in prayer and repentance. As you do this, I can guarantee you will slowly grow stronger and regain your spiritual immunity. As in my friend’s physical case, dealing with spiritual infection involves a great deal of effort to eliminate the contaminants, disinfect the wound and bolster the spiritual immune system.

I’m glad to report that my friend overcame the infection in her arm. Although at this writing she still battles cancer, we continue to pray for her complete healing. Our God is able!

God-tracking is maintaining a healthy spiritual immune system.

Every blessing

Dudley

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

If you have recently joined trACker then a hearty welcome to you.
Our hope is that, by sharing experiences in tracking the will of God, we will draw closer to him and discover the awesome value of walking with God. Let us know what you think by e-mailing dudley@godtracker.co.uk God knows the plans he has for you. So go ahead and track them!

Why not invite your Facebook friends to join the GodTracker group or recommend a friend to join trACker here:  http://www.godtracker.co.uk/tronline.shtml#recomend

What is trACker?
GodTracker and trACker owe their origins to an international Christian radio programme produced by Dudley Anderson called, OnTrack. Although OnTrack went off-air in 2005, trACker has continued to help people to track God's plans and purposes for their lives since July 2003.

There is no charge for trACker. Please consider helping toward expenses in delivering this service to you by making a   D O N A T I O N   H E R E  or by copying and pasting the following link to your browser:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=4H3GDJBA52WN6&lc=GB&item_name=godtracker%2eco%2euk&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted

You can now hear Dudley Anderson on UCB UK
Saturdays from 00:00 to 05:00 GMT and Sundays from 06:00 to 12:00 GMT
Listen to UCB UK on DAB, Sky channel 0125 or online at http://ucbmedia.co.uk

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

VoW

Verse of the Week

Galatians 5:16
So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.


Quote of the Week

A Sample of Dudley’s Fave Quotes.

“After being sufficiently enlightened, our attitude toward sickness should be the same as our attitude toward sin.” --- F.F. Bosworth

 

Don’t Give-up, Look-up!

Look-up and Fix Your Eyes On Jesus!

I Set My Heart Again On Things Above

Colossians 3:1
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.

Pray
“Father God, I admit that I have taken my eyes of my Lord Jesus and have begun looking at alternatives around me. I’ve allowed contaminants like sin into my life and I deeply repent in Jesus’ name. I indentify that there is an area in my life where I have allowed this infection to take root, because I have become complacent. I renounce these compromises and turn my heart and life over to you, once again. Fill me, Lord, with your Spirit. Anoint your word to me once again. And Lord, help me to worship you in Spirit and truth with a clear conscience. I give myself over to you and I set my heart again on things above. Amen.”


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
Why not recommend trACker to someone?

No comments:

Post a Comment