Friday 15 June 2012

trACker number402 To Stop Doing What You are Called to Do, Because You Feel Unworthy is to Insult God’s Grace


trACker number402

The e-Devotional helping to keep you on-track
GodTracker is online at www.godtracker.co.uk 

15 June 2012 
  
Dear God Tracker

To Stop Doing What You are Called to Do, Because You Feel Unworthy is to Insult God’s Grace

I was once in the middle of leading worship in my church when God taught me a very valuable lesson on grace. I was not in a good place in my life at the time. Although I was studying for the ministry and active in church, I was going through a period of rebelliousness. I was very critical of other Christians and was looking for loop-holes in the Bible to qualify my unfounded desires. At one particular point in the worship the congregation seemed to move into higher level of the experience of God. I was dumbfounded. “How can this be, Lord?” I said in my head as I sang. “These people are in deep worship and yet I - their worship leader - am in a bad place. I feel so unworthy.” In an instant I sensed God’s answer, “Yes you are unworthy.”
“There you go,” I said indignantly in my heart, “I’m going to quit this and hang up my guitar!” Again the instant though occurred to me by the voice of the Holy Spirit, “You are unworthy to lead these people in worship… but I’m not!” A hard lesson in the truth of grace.

In this experience, I discovered that no matter how “bad” I was feeling, if God has called me to do a job for him then it’s him in me doing it; not me! This is why Paul says that Jesus once told him, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." You see, grace is God at work, not you. Grace is God’s doing the job in and through you. The grace of God is twofold: it saves us from sin through the cross of Jesus and it empowers us to do good works through Christ in us, the hope of glory. Therefore, to stop doing what you are called to do because you feel unworthy is to insult God’s grace.

God-tracking is just doing it, by God’s grace.

Blessings

Dudley


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

Listen to GodTracker for Radio at:

Our hope is that, by sharing experiences in tracking the will of God, we will draw closer to him and discover the awesome value of walking with God. Let us know what you think by e-mailing dudley@godtracker.co.uk God knows the plans he has for you. So go ahead and track them!

GodTracker now on Facebook 
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=46298024089

What is trACker?
GodTracker and trACker owe their origins to an international Christian radio programme produced by Dudley Anderson called, OnTrack. Although OnTrack went off-air in 2005, trACker has continued to help people to track God's plans and purposes for their lives since July 2003.

You can now hear Dudley Anderson on UCB UK
Saturdays from 00:00 to 05:00 GMT and Sundays from 06:00 to 12:00 GMT
Listen to UCB UK on DAB, Sky channel 0125 or online at http://ucbmedia.co.uk

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

VoW

Verse of the Week

John 1:16
From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.


Quote of the Week

A Sample of Dudley’s Fave Quotes.

“We are absolutely nothing.  We have nothing to be proud of.  We have no abilities and nothing to offer God.  The fact that he chooses to use is only due to his grace.  It has nothing to do with us.” -- Brother Yun

 

Don’t Give-up, Look-up!

Look-up and Fix Your Eyes On Jesus!

I Will Do the Good Works You Created Me to Do

Ephesians 2:10
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Pray
“Lord, I don’t have what it takes to be successful in my life’s calling. In fact, I’m probably not worthy of this job you have given me to do. However, I realise now that, as a believer in your power and grace, for me to refuse to carry on would be to insult the grace you have given me to do the job. I believe that it’s not me doing it, it’s you in me doing it. Please forgive me for my pride and insolence. I hand my activities, my relationships and my work over to you. Lord. I feel weak in my own abilities but I believe that this is a good thing, because when I am weak in me I am strong in you. Because I am your workmanship, by your grace, I will do the good works you created me to do. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
Why not recommend trACker to someone?

No comments:

Post a Comment