Friday 23 October 2015

GOD-TRACKING IS A RELATIONSHIP NOT A RELIGION

trACker 557
The e-Devotional helping to keep you on-track
Published through www.godtracker.co.uk


23 October 2015

Dear God-tracker

GOD-TRACKING IS A RELATIONSHIP NOT A RELIGION

It’s been said that true Christianity is a relationship and not a religion. I think it is bit like marriage. I think I can safely say that I know my wife sufficiently well enough to have a reasonable conversation with her. Because of my relationship with her (which is based upon openness and spontaneity) I don’t need to follow any set of rules or traditions in order to communicate with her or enjoy her company. Karen knows my deepest thoughts and I know hers, because we do not recite routine dialogue by rote. We are intimate and natural with each other. I know that at the end of a long hard day, for instance, I can pour out my heart to my wife and draw strength from her counsel. And though I do my best to make her happy I know that she is little impressed by any effort of mine to win her favour by false good works.

Religion is a striving for God's fellowship through rote rapacious recital, while true faith is worshiping God in Spirit and in truth. Religion is a striving for God's favour through one’s good works, while true faith is coming to God through Christ's good work. As a true follower of Christ I believe that do not have a religion; I have a relationship with God. This relationship begins with repentance and is based not on good works but on faith. As in my marriage I try to please my wife in intimacy so too in my walk with God I try to please him in faith. Faith pleases God. And faith is contrary to good works or rote prayer. Faith is spontaneous, intimate and rewarding.

What a privilege we enjoy as true Believers to come directly to Abba Father through faith in Jesus. What an honour to be able to talk to the Almighty as a man would talk to a friend. What a pleasure it is to spontaneously worship the God of heaven in the beauty of his holiness. Dear God-tracker, let us never, never take this privilege for granted! So, come to Jesus today if you’re feeling heavy burdened with religion and humbly yoke up with him in true intimate relationship.

God-tracking is a relationship not a religion

Keep your eyes on Jesus

Dudley

It’s all in the Book…
Galatians 2:15-16
Hebrews 11:6
John 4:23-24
Psalm 29:2
Matthew 11:27-29

If trACker has helped you track God’s plans for your life
then please RECOMMEND trACker it to a friend.
Point them to http://godtracker.co.uk

VoW
Verse of the Week

Ephesians 2:8-10
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Quote of the Week
A Sample of Dudley’s Fave Quotes.

“Christianity is not a religion, Christianity is a supernatural revelation.” --- Kathryn Kuhlman

Don’t Give Up, Look Up!
Look up and Fix Your Eyes on Jesus!

I do love you very much and come to Jesus to relieve me of the burden of religion

Pray
“O Father God I realise now how important it is to simply walk with you by faith like Adam did in Eden. I see now that true Christianity is not a religion based or rote prayer or good works but a relationship based on love and faith. I want to walk with you in the intimacy of this relationship. I repent of my feeble efforts to earn your favour by good works. I want to pray in intimate freedom as I worship you in spirit and truth. Help me, Lord, to base my life upon your word and not human traditions. I do love you very much and come to Jesus to relieve me of the burden of religion. In Jesus’ mane I pray. Amen.”

If you need more prayer feel free to email dudley@godtracker.co.uk


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
BOOK OFFER
God-tracking Through the Year – year one
By Dudley Anderson
Get your copy NOW through
http://www.godtracker.co.uk/book.html
The ideal companion to this weekly e-devotional   
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What is trACker?
GodTracker and trACker owe their origins to an international Christian radio programme produced by Dudley Anderson called, On Track. Although On Track went off-air in 2005, trACker has continued to help people to track God's plans and purposes for their lives since July 2003.
trACker is a service of godtracker.co.uk. Please consider helping towards expenses in delivering this service to you by visiting http://godtracker.co.uk/

Listen to GodTracker for Radio here: http://www.godtracker.co.uk/index.html#Listen
Recommend trACker to a friend. Point them to www.godtracker.co.uk or to click on http://godtracker.co.uk/index.html#subscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment