Friday 4 November 2016

GOD-TRACKING IS CASTING YOUR BLUES ON JESUS WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE RUNNING AWAY

Subscribe by email for free at godtracker.co.ukhttp://godtracker.co.uk
GodTracker 606
The e-Devotional helping to keep you on-track
Published through www.godtracker.co.uk

04 November 2016

Dear God-tracker

GOD-TRACKING IS CASTING YOUR BLUES ON JESUS WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE RUNNING AWAY

1 Peter 5:7
casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

I love the book of Psalms in the Bible. Of the 150 Psalms David is accredited with writing 75 of them. David was also a prophet. Many of the Psalms he wrote are messianic prophecy, predicting the coming of Jesus. David is called, “a man after God’s own heart.” He was a great warrior king who expanded his kingdom vastly during his reign, and yet, many of the Psalms he wrote are honest cries to God for help in desperate situations. One might say that, as he wrote some of these Psalms, David was singing the blues.

As I read David’s Psalms I take courage. If you’re anything like me then you would agree that there are moments in life when you wish you could just run away – get away from the rat race and retire to a desert island somewhere. One Psalm, in particular, describes King David feeling exactly the same emotions that I’ve had from time to time – Psalm 55.

Absalom was king David’s third son. As with all his sons, David loved Absalom very much. Absalom grew up and became a mighty warrior under his father’s command. King David’s domain had grown substantially; he was a greatly respected and blessed man of God. One day young Absalom decided he wanted to overthrow his father’s kingdom. He rallied a small army under his command and usurped his father’s authority by enticing some of his advisors to join him and, declaring himself king of Israel, he overthrows the throne of David. David was heartbroken. A mighty and ruthless warrior was he, yet he loved his son too much to simply kill him to stop the conspiracy. So, David flees Jerusalem. Eventually Joab, David’s general, commands an army against Israel and kills Absalom. David mourns his son’s death, though he was his enemy.

It’s with this backdrop we read: “My heart is in anguish within me; the terrors of death have fallen upon me.  Fear and trembling come upon me, and horror overwhelms me. And I say, ‘Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest; yes, I would wander far away; I would lodge in the wilderness.’ “

Do you ever feel like running away? Oh, that I had wings like a dove, just to get away from it all. You’re not alone. Great men of God have felt the same way. Troubles and stresses overtake us sometimes. Workload and worries overwhelm us on every side. I would wander far away; I would lodge in the wilderness. It is natural to feel this way. But take heart, the Psalmist goes on to say, “But I call to God, and the Lord will save me,” and, “Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved,” and, “But I will trust in you.”

If you’re singing the blues today, lift your head and put your trust in the Lord. Jesus said, “In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” So, chase those blues away by singing, “This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it.”

God-tracking is casting your blues on Jesus when you feel like running away

Fix your eyes on Jesus

Dudley

READ ALL ABOUT IT
Acts 13:22
Psalm 55
2 Samuel 15-17
Psalm 118:24
_______________________________________________________________________________
BOOK OFFERS!
God-tracking Through the Year - year one
God-tracking Through the Year - year two
Overflowing Hope, a Light That Never Goes Out

By Dudley Anderson

AVAILABLE AT Lulu.com
https://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?contributorId=1293719
Also on AMAZON and BARNES & NOBLE
_______________________________________________________________________________

Don’t Give Up, Look Up!

I turn to you and will not give up; rather, I look up!

Pray
“Heavenly Father, I admit that I’m feeling down today. Like King David, I feel like running away from it all. Oh, that I had wings of a dove to fly into the sunset. There are so many problems I’m facing – worries, fears, overload, expectations, undue responsibilities – that I just want to leave it all behind and never come back. However, I know that it’s not your will that I should just abandon my responsibilities and the people I love. I know that if I run away I will take these blues along with me. Forgive me, Lord, for anything that have done to allow Satan to get a foothold in my life. I turn to you and will not give up; rather, I look up! You are my source of provision, peace and joy. You are my strength, hope and deliverance. Thank you, Jesus. You have overcome the world. So, I cast my cares on you because you care for me. Amen!”

If you want prayer, please email me at dudley@godtracker.co.uk

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
GodTracker IS A NO COST SERVICE.
PLEASE CONSIDER HELPING TOWARDS EXPENSES IN BRINGING THIS SERVICE TO YOU, BY VISITING http://godtracker.co.uk/ AND CLICKING DONATE

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What is GodTracker?
GodTracker is a weekly e-mail devotional based on the premise that God has a plan for our lives. His word calls us to seek his will by acknowledging him in all our ways and tracking this plans in faith.

GodTracker owes its origins to an international Christian radio programme produced by Dudley Anderson called, On Track. Although On Track went off-air in 2005, GodTracker has continued to help people to track God's plans and purposes for their lives since July 2003.

Listen to the 60 second GodTracker radio spots at…
http://www.godtracker.co.uk/index.html#Listen

Recommend trACker to a friend.
http://godtracker.co.uk/index.html#subscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment