Friday 9 November 2018

SHARING THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST: A REASON

My Response

Firstly, as a Christian who subscribes to the teachings of Christ, the Lord of my faith, I am compelled to share the message of the Good News gospel of Christ with every man, woman and child with whom I have the honour of interacting throughout my life. I am compelled for two reasons:

1) Out of obedience to the scriptural teachings of the God I worship:

Matthew 28:19-20
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

2) Out of love for mankind:

Matthew 22:37-38
And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbour as yourself.

Therefore, out of love for God and love for man, I will share the message of the Christian faith at every opportunity.

When teaching about caring for the needs of the world, the Lord of my faith, Jesus Christ also taught, “Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me,” (Matthew 25:31-46). Therefore, for every true Christian, giving to the needy is giving to Christ.

What is being questioned here, is not the unsolicited actions of so called, evangelical Christians. What is being questioned is their obedience to the precepts of their religion. To both help the needy and share the message of Christ is well within the confines of the teachings of the Christian religion.

As per the Humanists UK website, as quoting the Human Rights Act 1998: "Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief, in worship, teaching, practice and observance." It is well within my human rights, as to freedom of religion, to observe and practice the teachings of my faith by publicly sharing the Good News of the gospel of Christ and giving to the poor.

Secondly, the message of Christianity is one of faith, hope and love. The message of Christianity is one of joy, peace and goodwill. The message of Christianity is one of security, promise and goodness. The privilege of participating in the conversion of any soul to Christianity is the greatest honour one could every enjoy.

However, the message of Christianity is not enforced at gunpoint or enforced by law. Neither is it forcefully thrust by any true follower of the teachings of Christ upon any individual against his/her will. The message of Christianity is free to accept or reject. It is a free gift, to be received by a free will choice.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

If I were to promote my religious views to someone and they rejected my message, I would be deeply saddened, but I would lose nothing. My faith would remain intact and I would maintain my hope of eternal life. If I were to promote my religious views to someone and they accepted my message, I would likewise, gain nothing, except the sheer pleasure of knowing that they have found the same faith, hope and love that I enjoy.

The gospel of Christ (the Good News) is the message of Christianity. The Holy Bible teaches, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek,” (Romans 1:16). It also says, “This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Saviour, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth,” (1 Timothy 2:3-6).

Therefore, as one who seeks to comply with the precepts of my faith (as every Bible believing Christian should) I will continue to support, encourage and give to any Christian institution set on helping the needy and sharing the Good News of Christ, by all means possible!

My response is not an argument or a defence, it is a reason. The reason I give to the needs of the world and the reason I share the message of my faith.

I’m just saying 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment