Friday 15 September 2017

GOD-TRACKING IS BEGUN BY CALLING ON THE NAME OF THE LORD

GodTracker 645
The e-Devotional helping to keep you on-track
GodTracker is online at www.godtracker.co.uk

Follow Dudley Anderson on Twitter @godtracker

15 September 2017

GOD-TRACKING IS BEGUN BY CALLING ON THE NAME OF THE LORD

1 Corinthians 15:55
“O death, where is your victory?
O death, where is your sting?”

Subscribe to GodTracker by e-mail at godtracker.co.uk
As a pastor, I am often asked to conduct funeral services. All funerals are sad, as we remember the passing of friends and loved ones. To me, the saddest funerals are those I conduct where the deceased has not acknowledged Christ as Lord. However, my loving counsel to believing loved ones is, only hope! No one knows the last thoughts of a soul on their death bed. The old saying goes, “My life flashed before my eyes.” If this is true then it could be that, at the very last split second before death, the dear soul may have called on the name of the Lord. And all who call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.


At every funeral I conduct I like to talk about life. It may seem an odd thing to do at a funeral, but Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live,” The reality of life on earth is, we are all going to die. That is, there is coming a moment when the chemistry of your and my body will cease to react and our hearts will cease beating. But this body I have is only a jar of clay that contains my soul. My soul and my spirit, once created by God, are immortal. That is, the real me will always exist, even after my body has ceased to function. The question is, where will the real me spend eternity? Because of sin, my soul has come short of God’s glory and, unless reconciled to God, will suffer the eternal death we call hell. However, the truth is, God has made a way for me to know his forgiveness of sin and to be reconciled to his life, through Christ. Indeed, God loved the world so much that he sent his only Son, Jesus Christ, that whoever believes in him shall not suffer eternal death, but shall enjoy eternal life. Death has lost its sting!
And so it is, at every funeral I conduct I talk about life. This life is free and available to all who call on the name of the Lord, before it’s too late.

God-tracking is begun by calling on the name of the Lord.

READ ALL ABOUT ITRomans 10:8-12John 11:17-27John 3:16-172 Corinthians 4:7John 14:1-62 Corinthians 51 Corinthians 15:53-57

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This work is expanding under God's clear mandate!
You can be part of what God is doing worldwide through radio and print media.
YOU CAN PARTNER WITH US!
Make regular or a one-off contribution to this work...
https://www.surereality.net/become-a-ministry-partner/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DON’T GIVE UP, LOOK UP & PRAY

Come into my life, Lord Jesus, as I give my life to you

“Holy God, I admit it, I was born into sin. I confess that I have sinned and come short of your righteousness. I am sorry for my sin, O Lord. I now believe that Jesus, the sinless One, died in my place to take the punishment for my sin. And I believe that he rose from the dead, to free me from the clutches of sin and death. I now call on your name, Lord and put my faith in Christ. I confess him as Lord of my life. Come into my life, Lord Jesus, as I give my life to you. Amen.”

If you want more prayer then email dudley@godtracker.co.uk

----------------------------
What is GodTracker?
GodTracker is a weekly e-mail devotional based on the premise that God has a plan for our lives. His word calls us to seek his will by acknowledging him in all our ways and tracking this plans in faith. Subscribe by email at http://godtracker.co.uk/index.html#subscribe
Listen to the Sixty-Second GodTracker radio spots at…
http://www.godtracker.co.uk/index.html#Listen

No comments:

Post a Comment