Friday 2 August 2024

Listen with Your Inner Ear

 

GodTracker 958
The e-devotional to help keep you on track with God’s plans for your life.
GodTracker is published at
surereality.net
SUBSCRIBE to GodTracker by e-mail
Please
HELP keep GodTracker free

No time to read? Listen to this week’s GodTracker podcast here,
https://soundcloud.com/godtracker/gtwd-299-god-tracking-is-listening-with-your-inner-ear

We need to hone the skill of listening with our hearts as we read the Bible, interpret circumstances and decipher well-meaning advice.”

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

You know, the hardest part of following God’s will is learning to hear his so-called, “still small voice”. Ever since I began understanding the ways of God, I have been taught that God seldom speaks through the obvious, he speaks through a gentle whisper.

God once told the prophet Elijah that he was going to reveal himself to him. So, he told Elijah to wait on a mountain top and he would pass by. A violent wind came then an earthquake and then a fire but these did not reveal God. Eventually, a still whisper came, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”

I believe that the objects of the universe reflect the nature and purposes of the Creator. For instance, God created our hearing mechanism in two parts: the outer ear and the inner ear. The outer ear funnels sound waves toward the eardrum, which separates the two parts of the ear. The eardrum, in turn, turns the external vibrations into internal vibrations, which are detected by our inner ear. Voila, we hear! You see, ultimately, it is the inner ear that turns a whisper into a word.

In following the will of God, we need to hear his word. However, what makes things complicated is the fact that the Holy Spirit’s “still small voice” is totally inaudible to the natural ear. Therefore, we need to hone the skill of listening with our hearts as we read the Bible, interpret circumstances and decipher well-meaning advice. As Billy Graham
said, “The word of God hidden in the heart is a stubborn voice to suppress.”

To discern that still small voice you need to learn to funnel the wind, the earthquake, the fire and the whisper into the inner part – your spirit. To track the plans and purposes of God for your life, you need to listen with your inner ear.

God-tracking is listening with your inner ear.

It’s All In The Bible. Read All About It. (NKJV)
Get into the word of God and get the word of God into you!
1 Kings 19:11-13
Romans 10:17
Psalm 85:8

Follow Dudley on Twitter twitter.com/godtracker
Like GodTracker on Facebook facebook.com/godtracker
SUBSCRIBE to the FREE weekly e-devotional GodTracker or follow, http://eepurl.com/dxTLAf

So, don’t give up, look up & pray!

“Help me to understand you and to hear that still small voice of your Spirit.”

“Father God, thank you for sending Jesus to speak into our world as the Word of God. I rejoice too, dear Jesus, that you know me personally. I affirm that I have opened my heart’s ear – my “inner ear” – to your voice and confess Jesus Christ to be my personal Lord and God. I choose, therefore, to listen to the voice of Christ as my shepherd and follow his lead. Help me, O God, to interpret your word to me in whichever form it comes. Help me to understand you and to hear that still small voice of your Spirit. Today I choose to follow your lead. Amen.”

If you prayed that prayer today email me now at  dudley@godtracker.co.uk

HELP keep GodTracker free

----------------------------
What is GodTracker?
GodTracker is a weekly e-mail Christian motivational thought, written by Dudley Anderson, based on the premise that God has a plan for our lives. His Word calls us to seek his plan by acknowledging him in all our ways and by tracking his purposes, in faith. Most of what you’ll read is based upon the author’s personal experience of tracking the plans of God.

Listen to GodTracker podcasts by Dudley Anderson at,
https://www.surereality.net/podcasts/

Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment