Friday 5 May 2023

Ministry of Encouragement

 GodTracker 897

The e-devotional to help keep you on track with God’s plans for your life.
GodTracker is published at
godtracker.co.uk
SUBSCRIBE to GodTracker by e-mail

Please HELP keep GodTracker free  

No time to read? Listen to this week’s GodTracker podcast here,
https://soundcloud.com/godtracker/gtwd-235-god-tracking-is-encouraging-others-to-flourish-in-faith

“Who knows the impact that one dear soul may have on the world because of your few words of encouragement.”

Hebrews 10:24
And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works.

Shortly after the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, we read in Acts that the early believers sold property to help feed the poor. At this time, we read that a Levite called Joses sold land and brought the proceeds to the apostles to be distributed. This was a commendable act since that land would have been Joses’s security and providence for his old age, yet he chose to give it all up for the sake of helping the needy. What an encouraging act. In fact, Joses was so much of an encourager that his name was changed to Barnabas, which means son of encouragement. Later we read how Barnabas took Paul under his wing when he was rejected by the other disciples because Paul had been a persecutor of the Christians. Barnabas encouraged Paul to stay strong and encouraged the other believers to accept him. Barnabas went on to be a travel companion with Apostle Paul, preaching the gospel across Asia Minor.

Years back when I was studying for the ministry, I endured a spiritual burnout and had a crisis of faith. At the time I was attending a large church in Johannesburg, South Africa. The pastor was a gentle yet firm man. Because of my experience, I had been appointed to a position of leadership in the church, yet I was in rebellion. Without criticism or rejection, my pastor took me under his wing. He lavished me with counsel and prayer. Never did he condemn my folly or deny me opportunity. In fact, I was promoted to music director of the church. I can only believe that he had insight into God’s call on my life and faith that God would pull me through my rebellion. And he did.

Is there someone in your life who you know is called of God but is suffering a crisis of faith at this time? Do you believe that God has a plan to use him/her mightily for the Kingdom yet he/she can’t see the wood for the trees, so to speak? May I encourage you to be an encourager and encourage that person to not give up but look up and trust God’s plan for their lives. Who knows the impact that one dear soul may have on the world because of your few words of encouragement?

Encourage believers in their walk with Christ. Encourage nonbelievers to walk with Christ.

God-tracking is encouraging others to flourish in faith

IT’S ALL IN THE BIBLE. READ ALL ABOUT IT.
Get into the word of God and get the word of God into you!
Acts 4:32-37
Acts 9:26-30
Romans 12:6-8


Follow Dudley on Twitter
twitter.com/godtracker
Like GodTracker on Facebook facebook.com/godtracker
SUBSCRIBE to the FREE weekly e-devotional GodTracker at, http://eepurl.com/dxTLAf

SO, DON’T GIVE UP, LOOK UP & PRAY

“Only you know the lives that will be changed for the good, for good by my words of encouragement.”

“Dear God, I see the potential in so many people, yet I lack the courage to encourage them to flow in their full potential. Help me to find the words and valour to speak into their lives with love, grace and humility. I take this moment to pray for them that you will open the door of opportunity to them and provide their every need to flourish in your purposes for their lives. Lord, I believe I have the ministry of encouragement. Help me to boldly serve you in this calling. Only you know the lives that will be changed for the good, for good by my few words of encouragement. Amen.”

If you prayed that prayer today email me
dudley@godtracker.co.uk

HELP keep GodTracker free

----------------------------
What is GodTracker?
GodTracker is a weekly e-mail Christian motivational thought, written by Dudley Anderson, based on the premise that God has a plan for our lives. His Word calls us to seek his plan by acknowledging him in all our ways and by tracking his purposes, in faith.

Listen to GodTracker podcasts by Dudley Anderson at,
godtracker.co.uk/godtracker-podcasts

Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment