Friday 28 April 2023

Lay it All Down

 GodTracker 896

The e-devotional to help keep you on track with God’s plans for your life.
GodTracker is published at
godtracker.co.uk
SUBSCRIBE to GodTracker by e-mail

Please HELP keep GodTracker free  

No time to read? Listen to this week’s GodTracker podcast here,
https://soundcloud.com/godtracker/gtwd-234-god-tracking-is-laying-it-all-down

“If you feel your arm becoming weary as you hold onto that offence, lay it down. Cast your cares on your Lord because he cares for you.”

Jeremiah 1:19
“They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the LORD.

I watched as the preacher half-filled a glass with water on a table. He then proceeded to lift it, hold it out in his left hand at arm’s length and begin speaking. “In this glass,” he said, “is about 100ml of water. The glass itself is not large or heavy, yet how long do you think I will be able to hold this half-filled glass of water at arm’s length in my left hand?” he asked with a glint in his eye. The audience was silent. One minute went by. “Will I hold it for thirty minutes, ten or less?” His arm began to droop. Gradually after only two and a half minutes the preacher dropped his arm and returned the glass to the table. “So it is when you hold a grudge in your heart,” he said.

Like others, I know how tiring it is to harbour a feeling of resentment. I was once deeply offended and hurt by a good friend and mentor who falsely accused me of rebellion in the church. For weeks and months, I wrestled with his accusations, weighing every account, every accusation, and every criticism he brought against me, trying to understand what it was he was accusing me of. It was only by God’s grace that I did not find any truth in is accusations. I was vindicated. However, for long afterwards, I held onto the pain of the offence. I had taken the glass in my left hand and held it out at arm’s length.

Sadly, many of us harbour offence like this. Unforgiveness has a dreadful habit of weighing one down to the point of emotional exhaustion. Perhaps this is why Jesus said, “If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also,” and we read in Romans, “Never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God.”

If you feel your arm becoming weary as you hold onto that offence, lay it down. Cast your cares on your Lord because he cares for you. Your enemy will not overcome you, for your God is with you and will rescue you.

God-tracking is laying it all down.

IT’S ALL IN THE BIBLE. READ ALL ABOUT IT.
Get into the word of God and get the word of God into you!
Matthew 5:38-42
Romans 12:17-21
1 Peter 5:7 (NIV)

Follow Dudley on Twitter
twitter.com/godtracker
Like GodTracker on Facebook facebook.com/godtracker
SUBSCRIBE to the FREE weekly e-devotional GodTracker at, http://eepurl.com/dxTLAf

SO, DON’T GIVE UP, LOOK UP & PRAY

“Help me to rest in you as I let go of this offence.”

“Dear Lord, I still feel the pain and hurt of what happened so long ago. Forgive me for holding onto this offence. Forgive me for the sin of unforgiveness. I choose now to lay it all down; to cast my hurt and pain onto you because you care for me. I know the truth and your truth is my vengeance, O Lord. I decide to forgive and love my enemy, as you commanded me to. Help me to rest in you as I let go of this offence. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”

If you prayed that prayer today email me
dudley@godtracker.co.uk

HELP keep GodTracker free

----------------------------
What is GodTracker?
GodTracker is a weekly e-mail Christian motivational thought, written by Dudley Anderson, based on the premise that God has a plan for our lives. His Word calls us to seek his plan by acknowledging him in all our ways and by tracking his purposes, in faith.

Listen to GodTracker podcasts by Dudley Anderson at,
godtracker.co.uk/godtracker-podcasts

Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment