Friday 19 May 2023

You Have Nothing to Defend

 GodTracker 899

The e-devotional to help keep you on track with God’s plans for your life.
GodTracker is published at
godtracker.co.uk
SUBSCRIBE to GodTracker by e-mail

Please HELP keep GodTracker free  

No time to read? Listen to this week’s GodTracker podcast here,
https://soundcloud.com/godtracker/gtwd-237-god-tracking-is-resting-in-gods-plan-for-your-life-no-matter-what-happens

“No matter what happens, you have nothing to defend. God is watching over his perfect plan for you to perform it in his time. After all, your work is not your own, but God’s.”

Jeremiah 1:12 (NIV)
The Lord said to me, “You have seen correctly, for I am watching to see that my word is fulfilled.

Steve was stunned. His boss, Pete, sat with hands clasped across the desk from him, waiting for a response. “But I’ve given the best part of my working life to this job,” Steve finally replied. “I know, Steve,” said Pete, “But management has decided to close down your department. There’s nothing more I can do. You will receive a severance package. I know it’s difficult but I believe God is in control.”

For the past 10 years, Steve had been working behind the scenes for a Christian missionary agency in support of God’s people out in the field. Now, as he walked away from Pete’s office, a feeling of dejected and emptiness overcame him. Back at his workstation, Steve prayed, “Dear God, I have always acknowledged you in all my ways and trusted you to direct the outcome of all my endeavours. So, I know this can only be according to your plan for my life. I believe you called me to this work so I trust you to watch over your calling on my life, no matter what happens.”

Scripture tells us that God watches over his word to fulfil it. When God gives us his word and calls us to ministry, he will defend that calling. We read in Isaiah that God’s word will not return to him without producing the fruit that he intended. When something happens to jeopardise the work God has called us to, we can be assured that God will, nevertheless, guard that calling. It was not up to Steve to safeguard his work or defend his calling but rather to rest in the fact that God would open the next door for him in his time. Because Steve had continually acknowledged the Lord in all he did, God was watching over Steve’s calling. He had nothing to prove and nothing to defend. After all, Steve’s work was not his own, but God’s.

It could be that someone has stripped you of your life’s ambition or it could be that you’ve been abandoned by someone you once trusted and you’re feeling dejected and empty. Take a moment to acknowledge God; acknowledge his foreknowledge of this moment and surrender your fight to him. Acknowledging God results in him directing your life’s path. Therefore, come to Jesus and rest in his plan for you at this time. He will certainly open new and wonderful opportunities for you in ways you could never have imagined. No matter what happens, you have nothing to defend. God is watching over his perfect plan for you to perform it in his time. After all, your work is not your own, but God’s.

After a time of faithful waiting and seeking the face of Jesus, Steve went on to pastor a growing church that impacted his community in ways he would never have dreamed.

God-tracking is resting in God’s plan for your life, no matter what happens.

IT’S ALL IN THE BIBLE. READ ALL ABOUT IT.
Get into the word of God and get the word of God into you!
Isaiah 55:8-11
Proverbs 3:5-6
Matthew 11:28-30
1 Corinthians 15:57-58

Follow Dudley on Twitter
twitter.com/godtracker
Like GodTracker on Facebook facebook.com/godtracker
SUBSCRIBE to the FREE weekly e-devotional GodTracker at, http://eepurl.com/dxTLAf

SO, DON’T GIVE UP, LOOK UP & PRAY

“I believe that you will watch over and defend your word to me I pray that we, your Body, will become lost in the magnificence of your majesty as we worship you in spirit and in truth.”

”Father God I am feeling miserable and alone today. I have been rejected and overlooked in my work and relationships. I believe that you have called me to serve you in all that I do. Therefore, I acknowledge your knowledge of my situation and I continue to acknowledge you in every aspect of my life. I surrender my effort of defending my work and relationships to you. I believe that you will watch over and defend your word to me. I come to you and lay down my burden, resting in your purposes for my life. I trust you to fulfil your calling on my life, in your time. Amen.”

If you prayed that prayer today email me
dudley@godtracker.co.uk

HELP keep GodTracker free

----------------------------
What is GodTracker?
GodTracker is a weekly e-mail Christian motivational thought, written by Dudley Anderson, based on the premise that God has a plan for our lives. His Word calls us to seek his plan by acknowledging him in all our ways and by tracking his purposes, in faith.

Listen to GodTracker podcasts by Dudley Anderson at,
godtracker.co.uk/godtracker-podcasts

Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment